Kyaddondo
The fort is located at Old Kampala hill directly overlooking the city centre. Fort Lugard is of national importance and signifies the country’s colonial era under the rule of Captain Lugard as the first governor of the protectorate. Fredrick Lugard was a British
soldier who arrived in Uganda in the 1890’s and built his fort on top of the Kampala hill. In 1894 he met with Kabaka Mwanga II to sign an agreement for Uganda to become a British protectorate.