Kyaddondo
Bulange is the first modern parliament in East Africa and it serves as the main administrative seat in Buganda it is where the Lukiiko (Buganda Parliament) sits. It houses the offices of the Kabaka, Nnaabagereka (Queen), the Katikkiro (Prime Minister) and offices of other high-ranking officials in the Kingdom. The Buganda Lukiiko (Parliament) sits eight times a year but the Kabaka attends only once to close the previous session and to open the new session. Previously people used to sit under trees on a type of grass called “obusubi obulange” – thus the name Bulange. In 1953 while in exile in Scotland, Ssekabaka Muteesa II saw and admired the construction drawing of a building and brought the plans with him on his return and decided that the Lukiiko seat should be constructed according to the plan. The
construction commenced in 1953 and was completed in 1956 at a cost of 4,500,000 million shillings.

Between 1966 and 1993 the building was occupied by the Ugandan national army after the late President Milton Obote abolished the Kingdoms and it served as the administrative unit of the army for 27 years, as the army headquarters. The building sits directly facing the Entawetwa Roundabout and the official residence of the Kabaka, the Twekobe all now found on the older Kabaka Njagala Road now known as the Royal Mile.

It is is a tall building with a colonial design and a high roof with three spires on top of the roof. In the foreground is a large statue of the reigning King Muwenda Mutebi II, in recognition of his efforts towards the restoration of the Kingdoms in 1993. Also in the foreground are flagpoles which at given occasions fly the flags of the 52 clans of the Kingdom of Buganda. Adjacent is the recently completed Masengere which is a commercial building that belongs to the Kingdom.